Lake Tahoe is an enormously large freshwater lake located along the border of Nevada and California. It is North America’s largest alpine lake. There is so much to do in Lake Tahoe, some of which we have outlined below:
- Jim Kelley’s Tahoe Nugget – If you are a fan of the game of poker, you will have a great time here. This casino is located in the heart of Crystal Bay.
- The Cobblestone Center – The Cobblestone Center is an old world type of shopping plaza. Some of the shops that can be found here include Alpine Antiques, Bluestone Jewelry, Exotic Nails, Tahoe Rug Studio, Tahoe Yoga Institute, First American Tile, Salon Bella Vita, and Corkscrews Wine Bar & Shop.
- Diamond Peak – Diamond Peak is the ideal place to visit for the skiing enthusiast. There are trails for skiers of all ages and experience levels.
- Clearwater Day Spa – For those wanting to be pampered during their vacation, there is Clearwater Day Spa. A huge array of spa services are offered here by skilled and knowledgeable technicians.
- Emerald Bay – Emerald Bay is an ideal spot for campers. Some of the amenities campers can expect here include restrooms, water, showers, swimming, and fishing.
- Cascade Creek Fall Trail – Cascade Creek Fall Trail is a highly visited hiking trail. This short trail is very easy to hike, and features beautiful views of Cascade Lake and a 200 ft. high falls.
- Sierra Ski and Cycle Works – Sierra Ski and Cycle Works is an mountain bike outfitter. They set up mountain biking adventures for adventure-seeking tourists.
- Scusa! – For fine dining, there is no place better than Scusa! – an Italian restaurant that has a wide array of traditional Italian favorites made with interesting new twists. A visit to Lake Tahoe is not complete without visiting Scusa.
There are all kinds of great resorts to stay at when you visit Lake Tahoe. If you are into timesharing, try the Heavenly Valley Townhouses, the Lodge at Lake Tahoe or the Tahoe Seasons Resort. A timeshare will be roomier than a hotel room, and there are usually many amenities and supervised activities. This probably just as much fun as a timeshare in Gatlinburg!
But no matter where you choose to stay, Lake Tahoe is all about fun!